Well, we are here to make it easy for you with this blog.
The very first step is to apply online at DISCOM website for SRTPV.Under this comes the Application Form for Grid connected system for net metering. This will have the applicant details such as Name and address, Installation details such as system size, proposed system capacity etc.
Things you will require :
- Cancelled Cheque (The cancelled cheque is to know the account to which Utility credits the money in case power is fed excessively.)
- Latest electricity Bill
- Passport size photos
- After the online application is processed, AE visits the site for the feasibility report. This process is important as Engineers check the load on the local transformer, substation name. If the local transformer can carry the load from the solar plant and other technical things check the list AE gives the permission for intimation from the subdivision for PPA agreement of SRTPV.
- After a feasibility check, BESCOM gives the intimation letter for Power purchase Agreement to the customer.
PPA – Power purchase Agreement
Before going further it is important to understand what PPA is. Two parties, customer and utility signs a contract.
PPA is an agreement between the two parties stating that BESCOM will allow the consumer to put a solar plant on their rooftop. Generally, this document is valid for 25 years and has several guidelines within which both parties have to act. This is one of the most important documents if you are considering a solar rooftop system.
- After signing of the PPA comes approval and a go ahead for starting of solar rooftop work.
- After the approval of PPA, Applicant has to buy the meter and give it to the meter testing lab (MT Lab) for meter calibration.
- We can now install the plant physically at site.
- Now comes the work completion report. Work completion report has details like panel make, inverter make, earth resistivity etc. Also, make of meter, class, accuracy is to be specified in this report.
- Collection of meter from MT Lab along with reports.
- Than letter has to be submitted to Assistant Executive Engineer or AE requesting them to come and test commission the plant.
- BESCOM personnel change the existing meter to a bi-directional meter. Readings from the old meter are being documented under the supervision of engineers.
- Finally comes the commissioning and synchronizing report which has details relevant to rooftop solar plants.
- Sanction load is critical when applying for net metering policy.
- For 1KVA to 17.5KVA we have to install one bi-directional meter. Above 17.5KVA we have to install 2 bi-directional meters where the extra meter works as a check meter. According to policy we have to install solar meters for all the systems. The purpose of this solar meter is to know how much solar energy the system has generated.
- Under net metering, consumers generate solar power for self consumption and feed excess power into the grid.
- Metering is the concept which records Net energy between export of generated energy and import of BESCOM energy of billing month. Alternatively the meter has the features of recording both the import and export value.
Here is a link to Bescom website : Click to know more
Read our previous blogs related to same topic here :Bescom procedure to obtain solar rooftop system | Discom Approvals
The following article is brought to you by –
Member – Solar Care team